Annual Giving is extremely important to Duchesne Academy. It helps strengthen the foundation on which the school began as we continue to build toward the future. It supports operating expenses including the cost of maintaining our historic building, purchasing new athletic equipment, updating props for theater productions in addition to providing much needed financial support to students who would not otherwise be able to attend Duchesne. Annual Giving includes three separate drives: Alumnae, Friends/Past Parents, and Grandparent.
The Parent Drive was established to allow parents an opportunity to help make up the difference, or "gap", between the cost of tuition and the actual cost to educate each student. The gap for the 2015-2016 school year is $5,845. Your gift to this vital fund helps keep tuition more affordable for all. Utilization of available matching company gift programs allowed your donation to grow even greater. The goal of the Parent Drive is 100% participation by our loyal parents.
The Sophie Society was created to build an endowment for the future stability and growth of faculty salaries so we might attract and retain the most qualified, dedicated and inspired educators for future generations of Duchesne students. Since 1993, Duchesne has nearly doubled its enrollment while continuing to maintain a 9:1 student to teacher ratio and preserve our sense of community through small class sizes. To maintain enrollment without drastically increasing tuition each year, it is vital that an endowment be established to ensure that faculty salaries keep pace with area school systems and districts. You can be part of securing the future for Duchesne by becoming a Founding Member of the Sophie Society and creating the foundation for competitive salaries for our extraordinary faculty.
The current project completes the 125th Anniversary Capital Campaign that was launched in 2005 and this phase includes the following additions: <ul> <li>Barrier free entrance from the student parking lot</li> <li>Centrally located five-story elevator</li> <li>Elegant performing arts center with an adjacent catering kitchen</li> <li>Enhanced student entrance with a new atrium staircase from the courtyard into the building</li> <li>Courtyard shrine to Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne</li> <li>New, state-of-the-art preschool playground</li> </ul> The addition of the barrier-free entrance and elevator will help Duchesne meet compliancy with ADA requirements. Additionally, the new performing arts center will provide a gathering space and lobby for our auditorium that will be useful for social gatherings, special events, school assemblies and performances.
Men for Duchesne
Men for Duchesne is an organization of current dads looking for an opportunity to support Duchesne. Gifts made to Men for Duchesne help support the cost of designated projects and needs of the school.
Each school year, several students receive scholarships and grants as a result of the generosity of the school’s many donors who have funded endowed and annual scholarships. The histories of scholarships tell beautiful stories about generosity, love and a caring concern for the future of Sacred Heart students.
- Tess Acuff Memorial Scholarship
- Kathleen McCaffery Adams Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Gatewood Batchelder Memorial Scholarship
- Elizabeth Thurmond Brownrigg Memorial Scholarship
- Children of Mary Scholarship
- Collingwood Fund
- Nora Condon Memorial Scholarship
- Beverly Dillon Crotty Memorial Scholarship
- Kelli Fitzgerald Draper Scholarship
- Ann Marie Assmann Duffy Memorial Scholarship
- G.W. ”Woody” and Jean M. Egermayer Scholarships
- Courtney Ann Emery Memorial Scholarship
- Lois Flick Memorial Scholarship
- The Hope Scholarship
- Elizabeth McKim Hotz Hartigan Scholarship
- Tish Gardiner Hawkins Memorial Scholarship
- Dick and Peggy Herman Perpetual Scholarship
- Peggy Martin Herman Memorial Scholarship
- Sister Betty Jarrett Memorial Scholarship
- Katherine Schutz Kathol Scholarship
- Deb Kouba Memorial Scholarship
- Anne Madden RSCJ Memorial Scholarship
- Margaret March Memorial Scholarship
- Betty Wranic Marchese Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Jo Martin Scholarship
- Dorothy and Robert Matthews Memorial Scholarship
- Diane Hanus McCabe Memorial Scholarship
- Phoebe McCarthy Scholarship
- McElligott Family Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Jane Mullin Meyer Memorial Scholarship
- Clifford J. Miller Foundation Scholarships
- Adele Moore Memorial Scholarship
- The Nipp Family Scholarship
- Vita O’Connor and Margaret O’ Connor O’Neil Scholarship
- St. Cecilia Pastor’s Scholarship
- St. Patrick Scholarship
- Helen F. Proulx Memorial Scholarships
- Daniel R. Reynolds Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Pat Ryan, RSCJ Alumnae Association Scholarship
- Eugene Skinner Memorial Scholarships
- Susan Boggust Zoucha Memorial Scholarship
- Catherine Ann Foley Memorial Scholarship
- Maureen and Patricia Tighe Scholarship Fund
- Mock Trial
- RSCJ Scholarship
- Ivel Jones Reed Memorial Scholarship
- Marcil Family Scholarship
- Hardship Scholarship
- Joanne Fitzpatrick RSCJ Scholarship
- Kate Sommer Literary Scholarship
- Sheila K. Haggas Honorary Scholarship
- Sarah Jane Nelson Memorial Scholarship
- Oliver J. Smith Social Activism Scholarship
- Charles J. Steffen, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Jim Conway Memorial Scholarship
- Class of 1999 Scholarship
Gifts in Memorial
Gifts may be made to Duchesne in memorium or in honor of a loved one. Memorial gifts are oftentimes a source of comfort during an otherwise difficult time as they help carry on the legacy of a loved one who has passed away. You may also make a donation in honor of a loved one's birthday, anniversary, or other occasion in celebration of a momentous event. Please include the name of the person you wish to memorialize or honor in the notes section.
Gifts made to this fund are restricted for a designated project.